GE Advanced Healthcare Simulation Lab
This Lab provides technical education for engineering graduates to get a fundamental understanding of the Healthcare domain to pursue a career in Healthcare related industry. The Labs has advanced GE radiology simulator to get a thorough understanding of Diagnostic Imaging, Computed Tomography, Magnetic resonance, Mammography, Nuclear Medicine/PET, Ultrasound, etc. With this knowledge, students are ready for a career in designing and supporting products for the healthcare industry.
Aim: To provide equipment users, Radiographers, Biomedical Engineers and Clinicians with opportunities to gain expertise on optimized usage of the related equipment, Clinical Practice and Patient Care. This is enabled through a blended model of Class-Room, Hands-on and Simulation based Learning.
The GE collaborated Healthcare Lab set-up at Dayananda Sagar University Innovation Campus at Kudlu Gate, Hosur Road provides training and research opportunities to all the Healthcare and Technology related departments.
Opportunities for Students and Researchers:
- For specific target groups of Radiology, Medical Engineering and Bioprocesses, students get exposure to the latest technology and simulation setup.
- Students can setup and work on creation of new solutions using technology, identify current gaps in technology to collaborate with Engineering Departments of DSI. The collaboration is also aimed to result in Start-up ventures.
For Nursing Students:
- ACLS & BLS, Excellence in Patient Relations.
For Paramedical & Medical Imaging Students:
- CT & MRI basics and Advanced Post Processing
- Advanced X-Ray, DXA and Mammography
- Multi Planner Reformation (MPR)
- Maximum Intensity Projection (MIP)
- Minimum Intensity Projection (MinIP)
- Shaded Surface Display (SSD)
- Volume Rendering (VRD)
- 3-D Model
- Bone Removal
- Image Fusion
- Vessel Tracking
For Physiotherapy Students:
- Anaesthesia, Ventilator, Ultrasound
- X-Ray, CT & MRI
For Biotechnology Students:
- Cellular Technologies and Protein Purification, Application of Protein Purification and Characterization, Genomics/Cellular Research.
Hardware Assets of the Lab:
- Windows Workstation (Server)
- ECG Machines
- Anaesthesia Machines
- AKTA Start Chromatography System