Library Advisory Committee
As per the direction of Chairperson, of the University Governing Council, the Following Library Advisory Committee is constituted for the year 2015-19.
|1||Dr. Karibasappa, Dean School of Engineering||Committee Chairperson|
|2||Dr. Johnson C David, Chief Librarian||Committee Secretary|
|3||Dr. M.K.Banga, HOD Computer Science Engineering||Committee Member|
|4||Dr. Chandrashekar Vaidyanathan, HOD Mathematics Dept.||Committee Member|
|5||Mr. Sudhakar, Finance Manager||Committee Member|
Aims and Objectives:
- To strengthen the efforts of the librarian in planning library activities and policies.
- To take the feedback from the departments and plan for improvement and enrichment of the library.
- To act as a liaison between the library and the readers.
Powers and Functions:
The library committee ensures that proper care is taken with regard to the following.
- Allocation of funds for books and journals in various subjects.
- Framing and suggesting amendments to library code of conduct.
- Assessment of the library services provided by the library, if necessary. Suggesting improvements in library services.
The New Additions to the Library is a computer generated monthly accession list announcing all new publications added to the Library. The titles in this Bulletin are displayed in the Library Notice Board. After the period is over, the displayed publications are sent to the respective shelves. During display period, the new publications cannot be borrowed but can be referred to within the Library. However, users may reserve these publications.