The department is empowered with modern laboratories. It has very good research environment to cater to the high quality programs at all levels. The department encourages various interdisciplinary collaborations with universities and industries.
Welcome to the Department of Physics. We provide a course curriculum well designed to prepare the engineering students to handle challenging problems in academics and industry. We have excellent educators and researchers as faculty members who have been trained in some of the finest universities in India and abroad. The department is empowered with modern laboratories. It has very good research environment to cater to the high quality programs at all levels. The department encourages various interdisciplinary collaborations with universities and industries. There is ongoing Ph.D. program in the areas of computational physics, complex systems, bioinformatics, nanotechnology, materials science, sensors and instrumentation. We plan to start undergraduate and postgraduate programs in physics in the near future.
To emerge as a center of excellence in physics education and research at national and global levels. To provide mentorship in the pursuit of knowledge in the basic and applied physics through high quality teaching, active learning by interactive sessions, and research. To provide vibrant intellectual atmosphere, where each individual endeavours to fulfil the immediate and future needs of the DSU, the surrounding community, and the nation. Strive to be ranked as one of the premier physics department in the nation by 2025.
- Provide rigorous curriculum and high quality of teaching to engineering majors.
- Design and start a comprehensive undergraduate and graduate degree programs in physics.
- Attract and retain the best faculty, undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.
- Develop and use student surveys on course and program effectiveness.
- Provide access of the international journals to the students.
- Focus research on new and interdisciplinary areas of experimental and theoretical physics including energy materials, sensors and flexible nano-electronic devices.
- Encourage faculty to write research proposal.
- Encourage faculty to start research through start-up funds for setting up modern labs.
- Encourage undergraduate and graduate students to take part in the collaborative research projects with faculty.
- Provide an environment where research and creativity in physics can thrive.
- Provide incentives to faculty to initiate regional, national, and international collaborations.
- Provide release time for faculty to work in other research institutes.
- Develop, maintain and update the departmental website.