Dr. Santosh Choudhari
Dr. Santosh Choudhari did his Ph.D . from Centre of Excellence in Polymer Science, Karnataka University Dharwad in the year 2010 and soon after that he joined as a Research Professor in Energy and Environment Fusion Technology Centre (E2FTC), Myongji University, South Korea, where he worked on the synthesis and separation of butanol based bio-fuels. In the year 2012 he moved to Ireland and joined Trinity College, Dublin, as a Postdoctoral Researcher where he worked on the synthesis and separation of different kinds of biochemicals and and also on the synthesis of bio plastics. In January 2014 he joined University College Dublin (UCD) as a Postdoctoral Researcher and worked until April 2016, where he worked on the development of antibacterial membranes for water purification applications.
From July 2016 he is working as Assistant Professor in the Biological Sciences Department of Dayanand Sagar University. He has published his research findings in several international peer reviewed journals and also presented research findings in number of national and international conferences. He received Young Scientist award in the year 2006 and 2007 from Indian Chemical Society Kolkata for his excellence in research work. He received JRF fellowship from UGC under meritorious category during his Ph.D. He also received Innovation Award from Trinity College Dublin for filing a patent on his research findings. His research interest revolves around polymers nano-composites, nanotechnology, membrane separation, bio-fuels, bio-plastics etc.
- S. K. Choudhari, A. A. Kittur, M. Y. Kariduraganavar, Preparation of Zeolite-Incorporated PDMS Membranes for Pervaporation Separation of Isopropanol-Water Mixtures, Composite Inetrfaces, Vol. 13, 507-521 (2006).
- S. K. Choudhari, A. A. Kittur, S, S. Kulkarni, M. Y. Kariduraganavar, Development of novel blocked diisocyanate crosslinked chitosan membranes for pervaporation separation of water-isopropanol mixtures, Journal of Membrane Science, Vol. 302, 197-206, (2007).
- S. K. Choudhari, M. Y. Kariduraganavar, Development of quaternizedchitosan-Na+MMT hybrid nanocomposite membranes for pervaporation dehydration of water-isopropanol mixtures, Journal of Colloid Interface Science Vol. 338,111–120 (2009).
- M. Y. Kariduraganavar, S. K. Choudhari, Jolly G. Varghese, Robert H. Olley, Organic-Inorganic hybrid membranes: solving the trade-off phenomenon between permeability and selectivity in pervaporation, Industrial Engineering Chemistry and Research Vol. 48, 4002-4013, (2009).
- Padmeswary S. Rachipudi, Arjumand A. Kittur, S. K. Choudhari, Jolly G. Varghese, Mahadevappa Y. Kariduraganavar, Development of polyelectrolyte complexes of chitosan and phosphotungstic acid as pervaporation membranes for dehydration of isopropanol, European Polymer Journal,Vol. 45, 3116-3126, (2009).
- Hercules R. Cascon, Santosh Choudhari, Grace M. Nisola, Eleazer L. Vivas, Dong-JuLee,Wook-jin Chung,Partitioning of butanol and other fermentation broth components in phosphonium and ammonium-based ionic liquids and their toxicity to solventogenic clostridia, Separation and Purification Technology,Vol. 78, 164-174 (2011).
- S. K. ChoudhariandHercules R. Cascon,1-Butanol pervaporation performance and intrinsic stability of phosphonium and ammonium ionic liquid-based supported liquid membranes,Journal of Membrane Science, Vol. 78, 164-174 (2012).
- J. J. Doyle, S. K. Choudhari, S. Ramakrishna, Ramesh Babu, Electrospun Nanomaterials: Biotechnology, Food, Water, Environment and Energy, Conference Papers in Materials Science, Volume 2013 Article ID 269313 http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/269313, Hindawi Publication (2013).
- Federico Cerrone, Santosh K. Choudhari, Reeta Davis, Denise Cysneiros, Vincent O’Flaherty, Gearoid Duane, Eoin Casey, Maciej W. Guzik, Shane T. Kenny, Ramesh P. Babu, Kevin O’Connor, Medium chain length polyhydroxyalkanoate (mcl-PHA) production from volatile fatty acids derived from the anaerobic digestion of grass, Appl.Microbiol.Biotechnol. Vol. 98, 611-620, (2014).
- Santosh K. Choudhari, Federico Cerrone, Trevor Woods, Kieran Joyce, Vincent O’ Flaherty, Kevin O’ Connor, RameshBabu, Pervaporation separation of butyric acid from aqueous and anaerobic digestion (AD) solutions using PEBA based composite membranes, Chemical Engineering Journal,Vol 23, 163-170 (2014).
- S. K. Choudhari, H. G. Premakshi,M. Y. Kariduraganavar,Novel alginate-silica hybrid membranes for pervaporation separation of water-isopropanol mixtures,Polymer Bulletin DOI 10.1007/s00289-015-1515-0(2015).
- S. K. Choudhari, M. Y. Kariduraganavar, Preparation and pervaporation performance of chitosan-poly(methacrylic acid) polyelectrolyte complex membranes for dehydration of 1,4-dioxane, Polymer Engineering and Science (2016) (Accepted).
- S. Choudhari, O. Habimana, J. Hannon, A. Allen, E. Cummins and E. Casey, The importance of evaluating the stability of surface modified membranes under relevant experimental conditions: a case study of sliver modified Nanofiltration membranes, Journal of Membrane Science (communicated).