Faculty Name: Vimal John Samuel Designation : Associate Professor Experience in Years: 16 Area of Interest: Antidiabetic, Antihyperlipidemic & Anticancer activity of new medicinal plants Email Id:
Mr. Vimal John Samuel pursued post-graduation in Pharmacology from K.M.College of Pharmacy, Madurai, under The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai in 2003. He started his careerin 2003 as a lecturer at Cherraan’s College of Pharmacy, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. He joined as assistant professor in K.M. College of Pharmacy, Madurai in 2008. Currently, he is working as assistant professor in Dept. of Pharmacology, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Dayananda Sagar University, Bengaluru since 2009. During his tenure, he supervised several post-graduate projects and is pursuing his Ph.D in the area of antihyperlipidemic activity under Dayananda Sagar University, Bengaluru.
- Christina AJM, Haja Najumadeen NA, Vimal Kumar S, Manikandan N, Tobin GC, Venkataraman S, Murugesh N. Antilithiatic effect of Melia azedarach Linn on Ethylene glycol induced nephrolithiasis in rats. Pharmaceutical Biology, 2006, 44(6): 480-485.
- Vimal Kumar S, Christina AJM, Geetha Rani PV, Nalini G, Chidambaranathan N. Anti-Fibrotic effect of Cleome viscosa Linn on CCl4 induced liver fibrosis. Der Pharma Chemica, 2009, 1(2): 92-96.
- Raju A, Christina AJM, Chidambaranathan N, Vimal Kumar S. Antitumor activity of Jasminum angustifolium Linn. against Dalton’s ascitic lymphoma.IJDFR, Oct-Nov. 2010, 1 (II): 124-130.
- Jayaprakash S, Vimal Kumar S, Kulathuran Pillai K, Mohamed Halith S, Balmukund R. Rathi, Nagarajan M. Effect of Hydrophilic Matrix on the release behavior of Ambroxol hydrochloride.International Journal of PharmTech Research, Jan-Mar. 2010, 2 (1): 507-510.
- Pradeep Rajkumar LA, Vimal Kumar S, Nalini G, Gayathri T,Sagarmahalle, Lakshminarayanan B. Evaluation of Chronosensitivity and Chronopharmacology of some centrally acting potential drugs in albino wistar rats. Annals of Biological Research, 2010, 1 (4): 52-56.
- Pavan Kumar Puvvada, Vedi Gounder Murugan, Vimal Kumar S, Pavan Kumar Padarthi. RP-HPLC Method Development and Validation of Lamotrigine. Der Pharma Chemica, 2010, 2(1): 104-108.
- Shanaz Banu, Arunachalam G, Jayaveera KN, Ashoka Babu VL, Vimal Kumar S. Hepatoprotective activity of methanolic extract of Barleria montana leaves in ethanol treated rats. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease, 2012: S748-S752.
- Shanaz Banu, Arunachalam G, Jayaveera KN, Ashoka Babu VL, Vimal Kumar S. Antidiabetic effect of two species of Barleria in streptozotocin induced type-II diabetic rats. International Research Journal of Pharmacy, 2012, 3(10): 185-188.
- Bincy Raj, Jagadeesh Singh SD, Vimal John Samuel, Soosamma John, Ayesha Siddiqua. Hepatoprotective and antioxidant activity of Cassytha filiformis against CCl4 induced hepatic damage in rats. Journal of Pharmacy Research, 2013, 7(1): 15-19.
- Mahesh A.R, Samuel Yamta Mshelia, Vimal John Samuel. Therapeutic activities of aurone, an appositely active molecule – A Review. World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2016, 5 (7): 668-682.
- Vimal John Samuel, P. Pradeep Kumar. Evaluation of antiulcer and antioxidant activity of Tephrosia calophylla by using Wistar albino rats. International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences. 2018, 9(3): 213-220.
- Vimal John Samuel, V. Murugan, A. R. Mahesh. Phytochemical and pharmacological aspects of Tephrosia genus: a brief review. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2019, 9(3): 117-125
- Vimal John Samuel, A. R. Mahesh. In-vitro antioxidant properties, acute and subacute toxicity studies of Tephrosia calophylla on albino wistar rats. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2019, 10(6):1000-1007.
- Vimal John Samuel, Komal Kulkarni, A. R. Mahesh. Drug utilization pattern of cephalosporins in In-patient departments of tertiary care hospital. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 2019, 11(6): 2398-2401
Seminars/ Workshops/ Conferences Attended
- Vimal John Samuel, Komal Kulkarni. Drug utilization pattern of cephalosporins in In-patient departments of tertiary care hospital, at “World Congress on Infectious Diseases & Antibiotics” at IISC, Bengaluru on Nov 2019.
- Participated a national seminar on “Application of Computational Tools in Drug Design & Formulation Development” at Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bengaluru on Feb 2018.
- Vimal John Samuel, Christina AJM, Mohan CU. Antihiperlipidemic effect of Tephrosia calophylla in acute and chronic hyperlipidemia, at 12th International Congress of Ethnopharmacology. Jointly organized by Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India, 17-19 Feb 2012.
- Attended a national symposium on “Basics of cell culture techniques in pharmaceutical research” at Karnataka College of Pharmacy, Bangalore on Oct 2011.
- Participated in workshop on “Application of SAS and other biostatistical software’s in research” at Visveswarapura Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bangalore on Jan 2011.
- Participated in national workshop on “Scientific research methodology and experimental techniques in advanced pharmacology” at B.V.V. Sangha’s H.S.K. College of pharmacy, Bagalkot on Jan 2011.
- Participated in staff development programme on “Recent advances in novel drug delivery system” at K.M.C.H College of Pharmacy, Coimbatore on April 2010.
- Participated in “CPCSEA workshop for IAEC members” at IISc, Bangalore on Jan 2010.
- Attended a national seminar on “Study of prevalence and pattern of drug utilization of anti-diabetics” at Cherraan’s College of Pharmacy, Coimbatore on April 2007.
- Attended a national seminar on “Modern biological sciences” at S.N.M.V College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore on Jan 2007.