Undergraduate Research Forum (DSU-URF) <RoadShow: Summer Internship@DSU>
Need for the FORUM:
Universities across the world have realized the potential of engaging undergraduate students in research activities. The power of this young age group of 18-22 has been realized and the undergraduate research programs have been institutionalized in these universities to formally engage the students in research through innovative projects. The DSU-URF at DSU has been set up to provide a platform for our students to define newer directions for their professional careers.
The DSU-UGF Model
- A Center which administers the UG research as a formal Body.
- Carry out innovative projects throughout the year
- Maker-Space Lab that has the basic project-related inventory
- Identify domains that are current in various engineering disciplines
- Define a set of projects that span from an Idea to a Prototype
- Define a selection process (written test, interviews, faculty referrals etc) and select teams of students to work on projects that have a life span of 3 months to one year.
- Set up a well-structured collaborative ambiance to carry out projects
- Project the work to industry to attract industry based projects and funding
- Generate quality and Innovative projects at the Innovation Labs @DSU
- Inculcate research culture in students right at the UG level
- To promote Inter-Disciplinary Projects
- To Create a platform for students from across branches and years of study to work together in Teams
- Promote system thinking in students
- Enable students to improve their problem solving skills
- Promote project based learning in students
- Enable students to be more confident, with high self esteem
- To create In-House Internship Opportunities for students
- Define new research-based career avenues for students
- Enable students to participate in project competitions within India and Abroad
- Promote students to take up higher studies in top Universities within India and Abroad
- A ready pool of skilled students available for faculty to take up projects of various kinds that also includes externally funded projects.
- To create a sense of Belongingness for the lab.
Summer Internship@DSU-URF (June & July 2017)
48 students out of 180 applicants selected on a highly competitive basis,based on personal interviews and faculty referrals.
Innovative projects with close mentorship from faculty of DSU
Project Domains: Robotics, Drones, Gesture Recognition with Kinect Camera, IOT in Healthcare, Automated Parking System, Cryptography, Healthcare Informatics, Data Analytics.
For a Video of the ‘Roadshow’of Summer Internship-2017, please click : <RoadShow: Summer Internship@DSU>